October 05, 2008

His Highness Abdullah- A short recap!!

Learning new languages has always enticed me ! On no..not Java, C,C++..I meant languages with life!!
I am quite a bit acquainted with a few languages like English,Hindi,Sanskrit,Telugu,German and recently Malayalam, in addition to my mother tongue Tamil..I havent mastered any of these languages, but I love doing them so, which i know, never will I be able to do...
But still, the pleasure of making ourselves acquainted with new languages is simply great !!!

Malayalam,I had an affinity towards this language, right from my childhood, though i was not encouraged at home to know it, for some personal reasons. But still,the beauty in the pronunciation of every word, the amalgam of good sanskrit and tamil pulled me towards it somehow...
I used to visit my Physics Teacher Mrs.Indira Gangadharan often.Infact, I became a member of their family in a short time. So, no wonder, I started to learn their mother tongue,Malayalam.

So a bit of Malayalam rested in my memory as base. I got a few Mallu friends in my team.. So in these three years of my software career, though i havent done anything remarkable ( or notable?;) ) as a software engineer, i am glad that I was bestowed with an environment suitable to learn this language ...
Today, My relationship with the language has grown upto the level of writing a review about a Malayalam movie!!


The Plot :
The ancestral riches tempts the younger generation of the Tamburan family to kill the Master of the House ! A hired killer from Mumbai, Abdulla(Mohanlal) comes in disguise to kill the Thamburan. Being a man with music in his blood , he is unable to blot the faith of the old man in him by killing him, instead he succeeds in the mision of being a human being. He rescues the Thamburan from the clutches of the relatives and seeks forgiveness from him. As all stories, The hero is asked to live with the Thamburan family!

My Views and My connections to the movie :)

How did I choose to watch this movie ??
I happened to hear one song from this movie,'Deva sabhathalam', sung by Yesudas,and some other singers ! I liked the song, though i couldnt exactly nourish the beauty of the lyrics of the song, it had a mellifluous at the same time strong musical richness in it. So I desperately wanted to watch the film !!
And only by watching movies, i can keep in touch with the language :) Thats why a Malayalam movie !

And now about the film...
I have a friend who is a die hard fan of Mohanlal and who keeps on talking in praise of him if he gets a chance to. Little i knew about Mohanlal before watching this film.
Well, I should accept ,he is a good actor. The simplicity that he has thrown to the character and the immersion of himself to the story made me happy.
And i should also say, the overacting ( in his body language) that he had done to the beautiful song,'Deva sabhathalam' is really not much worth admiring.

The film had very little romance unlike the usual masala movies, infact i liked it for that reason... Subtle understanding and expression of the love between each other is worth appreciating.

Music throughout.... The film had quite a good number of classical melodies ... Ofcourse , its music, that makes the Old man ( Thamburan) to concede Anantha ( Abdullah) to stay in their premises!
Pramadavanam- A semi classical melody with Jog as base has taken form so beautifully!
'Sangeetham Eshwaran aanu ' ... It was said in the climax(or did i hear it like that?) ! Whatever, how true is it ? Even little Music makes anyone feel God, and a person who knows music will behave like God! I have strong trust in that belief of mine.. One who knows to appreciate gud music, will certainly feel good.

The conversation and dialougue delivery was gud throughout.In one scene, Mohanlal says, 'enda vijayathil mate oru aal pangali avathil eniki ishtamillaa ' What a profound thought ! Though we cannot say that victory can be solely ours.... but still ...it should be ours and ours only. The efforts to reach success can never be shared with anyone.

And the storyline is fantastic, though common in everyday life.

In short, the movie is worth my time:)

Cheers
Lady Peare:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard that Malayalam movies have worthy story lines but read a story for the first time..Thanks! Amazed at the number of languages you know..
BTW I know your command over english..Just found out that you are my senior and I knew you through techlit:)

PS: I am your junior Deepak from 2006 ECE

Lady Peare said...

@deepak!
cool!! I could recognise u :)! Nice meeting again :)
I m just acquainted to these languages, i cannot say i know;) !
U r ryt, after watching a few malayalam movies, i do go with watever u have heard...they have good storylines!

Lady Peare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.