
Years later, I heard it..
Tears welled up in my eyes. Muscles stiffened.The short hairs stood erect.
Well.. Hope u could guess what i am talking about.
Are my expressions so tutored? Or! Am I really so emotive when I hear the song?
Be it anything, I felt the immense pleasure of hearing the song after a long time.Long? Why? Working for money in MNC’s ..Never they play the anthem or the tamil thaai vazhthu in any occasion. I couldn’t actually know the reasons why playing such songs in software industry is so restricted? Lets leave aside that.
But why do we indians hesitate to rise up when the national anthem is playing?
I see this attitude( reluctant to rise ) almost everywhere. I have heard in mumbai Cine halls, they play our anthem before the movie begins. But how many of them rise up ? Half the hall sits rooted to their seats with their legs crossed , and munching their pop corn. And some rise, only after embarassed looks at each other.
I don't mean to say that people who don't rise are unpatriotic or that they don't respect the anthem. For that matter, just standing up for the anthem doesn't reflect your patriotism. But it is just a gesture of respect. And I don't think these people mean any disrespect. But then why the hesitation in standing up? Why the embarrassment? Why the sheepish smiles?
Why are we expected to rise for the anthem? It is just like we rise when some senior person enters the room,as a mark of respect. Is it below our dignity to show our respect to our Anthem. ?
In fact, I do rise for the Anthem wherever i am, when it is played in the TV or wherever i hear. That is an involuntary action. But i have been teased by some fellow friends around as though that is an unwanted gesture, and as if i do that to grab attention(cheap teases :( ) .
I never do bother about such comments , because those 52 seconds i forget myself.
I am with my Mother India!
Jai Hind!
Tears welled up in my eyes. Muscles stiffened.The short hairs stood erect.
Well.. Hope u could guess what i am talking about.
Are my expressions so tutored? Or! Am I really so emotive when I hear the song?
Be it anything, I felt the immense pleasure of hearing the song after a long time.Long? Why? Working for money in MNC’s ..Never they play the anthem or the tamil thaai vazhthu in any occasion. I couldn’t actually know the reasons why playing such songs in software industry is so restricted? Lets leave aside that.
But why do we indians hesitate to rise up when the national anthem is playing?
I see this attitude( reluctant to rise ) almost everywhere. I have heard in mumbai Cine halls, they play our anthem before the movie begins. But how many of them rise up ? Half the hall sits rooted to their seats with their legs crossed , and munching their pop corn. And some rise, only after embarassed looks at each other.
I don't mean to say that people who don't rise are unpatriotic or that they don't respect the anthem. For that matter, just standing up for the anthem doesn't reflect your patriotism. But it is just a gesture of respect. And I don't think these people mean any disrespect. But then why the hesitation in standing up? Why the embarrassment? Why the sheepish smiles?
Why are we expected to rise for the anthem? It is just like we rise when some senior person enters the room,as a mark of respect. Is it below our dignity to show our respect to our Anthem. ?
In fact, I do rise for the Anthem wherever i am, when it is played in the TV or wherever i hear. That is an involuntary action. But i have been teased by some fellow friends around as though that is an unwanted gesture, and as if i do that to grab attention(cheap teases :( ) .
I never do bother about such comments , because those 52 seconds i forget myself.
I am with my Mother India!
Jai Hind!
6 comments:
Hey!! Even I get teased for standing up for the national anthem...but i never mind...its such a josh!!! good to know that we share this trait :)
Hmm...good question. I do hesitate standing up for the anthem....probably because I don't have much respect for this country. Yes! I would definitely tease when someone stands up when the anthem is being played on the TV. That's way too much patriotism,IMO
Hey Krishnaveni, did you check the home page of Orkut... they are celebrating your country's independence day with customized Orkut logo tailored for 'patriotic' Indians like you.. I guess that must make you really proud..isn't it? :P
In Hyderabad, I see a full standing silent crowd every time National Anthem is played in Theater before the movie.
Wow ! Thanks,How nice is it to hear this? I would for sure visit Hyd and to a theatre,to sense this emotion together:).
Post a Comment