From being
a regular writer (writing confused “Letters to Friends”), I have become an occasional writer.I
have to say I am really getting disheartened with the quality of writing, I have
been churning out off late. They all just go over to display the state of mind
I have been in all these days –confused,directionless,happy at times, most times unhappy.And one look at all
those drafts was enough to stir my conscience and leave me more confused.
I
am stunned that how I have changed from the chirpy self when I wrote long back
, “Now all common things become uncommon and enchant me!
Everything is capable, with the greatest ease of being changed into anything...
It is said, “Nothing is, but thinking makes it so!! “ It’s a magic journey.
Every little thing around me gets noticed and admired. May be, it would have
longed for this admiration all these days (he he). The tranquility upon the deep
slumber, the orderly arrival of the stars, the calm assurance of the coming day
all together attune my mind afresh to the world. It makes me prosaic. “ to
the dull self who hardly can make a joyous note of all those
significant & insignificant things.
Guess, life
does that to people and no reasons not to hate it. Working has made me busy,
mechanical ,insipid and stupid at times... Now don’t get me wrong- nothing to
do with my job. I love it , and I have been enjoying it and it is equally rewarding. It is fun to
learn new things, and equally fun for you know that the rare element called praise
that comes your way in the process of achieving new things( I haven’t grown ! :P ) !
The qualms
being self-doubting and feeling insignificant of what you do and think that you
should have been in an industry where you manufacture X bolts and Y nuts in 8
hours.
At least you know what you do.
It is a
wonderful professional journey so far, even though I wonder how I will make
peace with the afore mentioned doubts of mine every night and day.
Life still
seems to be a delusion , like living someone else’s and not mine. Isn’t that a horrible wakeup call ? Before I
grow old & cynical (sometimes, it is
embarrassing to be so transparent), I wish to revive my innocence,my irresponsibleness,
my curiosity pretty much on anything etc.
Wish I do that,sooner than I imagine.
Now,I
decided to spend some good time,writing about all the insignificant but happier
things that have been going on in my life.
Four
months before, I have started reading excerpts & books on stories and
characters of Mahabharata once again. And it is all an exciting journey ,that
too when I have dad nearby to talk & share thoughts and equate all
incidents / characteristics to the modern days too. Likely coincidence – Vijay TV
has started airing a new serial and I don’t wish to miss it, even if it is
irritating to hear the dialogues only in rhymes.
Also
thought of writing a post on “What could have avoided the Mahabharata war ?”,but then me being a strong believer of
destiny & God,concluded that it was HIS wish &was destined and writing otherwise may bring ill-luck.
2. Metered Autos :
Chennai
is incomplete without the Autos. I am one among those welcoming customers who
express their joy through photos, tweets & status
updates that they go on metered autos and pay really half the price of what they used to. I was jumping out of joy when my first ride from Adyar to Tiruvanmiyur had cost me only Rs 33 , and that too the Autokarar gave me Rs 2 back !!! Haven’t imagined this scene even in dreams. Needless to say, I simply say NO to those autos who ask ‘meter ku mela potu thaanga madam’ and ready to wait for a metered Auto. Sincere thanks to the Court and the Government and the Autokara makkal , who are following the meters.We no longer hear the abusive language early in the morning. Purse friendly too J .
updates that they go on metered autos and pay really half the price of what they used to. I was jumping out of joy when my first ride from Adyar to Tiruvanmiyur had cost me only Rs 33 , and that too the Autokarar gave me Rs 2 back !!! Haven’t imagined this scene even in dreams. Needless to say, I simply say NO to those autos who ask ‘meter ku mela potu thaanga madam’ and ready to wait for a metered Auto. Sincere thanks to the Court and the Government and the Autokara makkal , who are following the meters.We no longer hear the abusive language early in the morning. Purse friendly too J .
3. Team lunches/ Outings:
a) Movie + Lunch + Games : YAYA +
Lunch @Fishermen’s Cove + Beach throw ball/whatever it is. You can understand
how powerful the combo was. An absolutely absurd movie , when you can’t see the
screen for a single scene and be just waiting to rush out through the doors.
Lunch was extravagant with all those desserts. The
games on the sand with the sea in close quarters – a refreshing time indeed.
Can ask for more of it!
b) Lunch + Movie : Lunch @ Mainland
China + Raja Rani. The Momos were good, each time I fancy them to be our
extended form of Kozhukattais. AndI was reminded of Terramaseau, which was not
served at all.
Raja Rani – A typical tamil movie with flashbacks of
their Xs of both the heroine and the hero, not my kind. Still could watch it
once.
I
am on a gifting spree. Rather ,I should say collecting gifts. A lost activity
of mine. You know you are also creative when you get so many ideas on what can be done for gifts. Searching designs
,buying gifts which the receivers will like –the whole process adds some zing
to life. And not to miss the smile on the faces –isn’t it ?
More than anything, now I am happy that my blog has got a new post!
Thus goes life with some simpler joys that can bring happiness for you momentarily .
Wishing with all earnestness that such joys be multiplied and good things be showered. Wish me well.
P.S :
Post Font
: have tried a new font -Euphemia for the sheer fancy of the name. Was
wondering how the fonts are named. Could see Karthika, Vijaya as font names !! Post Title : Titled thus, because one another post cannot be named as absurd as Random ramblings/Random ride or What to name kinds. And now even this is not better.
Pics from google.





No comments:
Post a Comment