November 20, 2007

Variety is the Life(spice) of Life !!

I have always believed in this quote of Tennyson!
‘ The old order changeth yielding place to new & and God fulfills Him in many ways’

I love changes because I get bored very easily!
I remember in my school days..I will have almost all my subject books kept open on my study table.
You know why? I will get bored every ten min. So I will just skip from history to geometry, from there to light in physics, human physiology in Zoology..the order of shifting too changes every time… My mom will have a puzzled look seeing these many books on my table, sometimes it may turn to a spicy frown too…
But that change in my mom’s face too, I like, because I get bored if I see a loving face always….

Probably, my love for variety was observed by my mom n dad ..They kept me engaged always. I never had free time in my school days … kept running ..running.. know not why.. but all that I could sense was I did so many things..It doesn’t actually matter for me if I mastered in anyone of them… But that I knew a variety of activities…

Came College Life… The days before semester exam…they are just hell… I never had enough patience to study(oh,I m sorry,I never study, jzt read) that one subject in which I will have to spend the three hours the next day…
I will be Perplexed at the surroundings, every human I encounter will be having that one book in hand… Oh God! Why me ? I have fluid mechanics this hour, the next hour its going to be Heat transfer( irrespective of the fact that it may be of different semester subjects) …
How on earth people don’t get bored at all??? Of course, the Lecturers too …They teach the same topic for one full hour… !!!! And my notes would be a mixture… it would shift from the bird that sits on the tree nearby to the lady who goes in a pink sari ?

Chennai… Office canteens.. Oops..i just go there for the sake of.. Though everyday has a different menu… the same place.. the same environment.. it prevents my intake of food…. I tried to visit different messes that provide lunch..but that too did not pacify my love for change… I can visit one mess only once..

Mm …. I get bored of my love for change also 

The peak of this boredom was reached when I asked my mom , ‘How can one live with a single person, seeing his face every day, for a lifetime??’ My mom was bewildered at this question … The anger in her eyes, oh my … I thought she would slap me… and my cheeks would turn red…

Though the question was not put with the same intention of what it literally means…. I just said so that it will make people laugh …but it turned to be a bad joke.

I gave thought to what I said ,later….
Is it for this reason , I say No to marriages?? Is it for this reason, I say No to a few who wants an Yes from me..??? oh no…the very thought gives me a disapproval from the entire folk around…

No..I don’t mean it really….
Because..
I like Shakespeare’s plays… as forever.. I don’t get bored … ( I read the same so many times)…
I hear Unni’s songs ….as forever… Hear it again and again …( I don’t get bored)…
I love my parents…. As forever… the same parents
I like thayir Sadam, Paruppu sadam… my mom makes(made) for me daily….
I watched Kutch Kutch Hota hai for nearly thirty times ( the count will increase too)…

There are few things in life which I like forever, they seldom tire me…

But often I love change …. That’s it… Is not variety the spice of life??? … After all.. it gives life to life!!

2 comments:

The last adam said...

hahaha...thats a million dollar question isnt it? But u have stated the answer urself...PPl carry on with whatever they r doing either cos they LOVE it or they dont have a choice. Even i get bored almost like u. Love is the secret madame...when u love someone u wont get bored n u can live with him for lives together...:)

Manki said...

Quoting The Last Adam:
when u love someone u wont get bored...

Maybe not. Heard of ஆசை அறுபது நாள், மோகம் முப்பது நாள்?

Even if you are not really bored of "that other person", you may find a more interesting person. I love the movie Sindhu Bairavi for this reason alone. The movie's hero JKB really loves Bairavi. But he is also in love with Sindhu. (It's unfortunate that JKB didn't meet Sindhu before his marriage.) Maybe it's hard to find a solution for this; but I do believe that it's not very difficult to get into such a situation.