FQ—Wonder what’s it??
Female quotient…
There are certain requisites one should have to be a girl..
Oh my!! My FQ is zero!! Often I speculate why at all my FQ is zero and I never try to improve either. I hardly take steps to improve my gender quotient… even if I take, they require strenuous efforts..So I leave them half way!!
What are the factors that determine a girl’s FQ ?
Wearing ornaments :
A girl should have an ear ring, a bangle , a neck chain and an anklet… Wuf!! Who found all these??
I don’t know why the feminine gender and ornaments are inseparable?? Or is it the society that makes them so?
Gold shops now have a look of grocery shops… People don’t mind to reduce the frequency of visiting grocery shops to increase the frequency of visiting Jewellery Shops!!
I literally don’t like girls being after these jewels.. I frown at my mom when she insists me on wearing such extra fittings. At times, I will better stay at home rather than wearing these and attending a marriage ceremony.
This requisite is out of scope………
Shopping Spree :
Shopping… I just go to a shop, look at what I want, choose it and come back... the total process will take only fifteen minutes. I really don’t know why girls take so much time to choose..they see almost 500 items before choosing one..and that one will be definitely ( I bet) the first one they saw. If I question my friends why they take this much time, they will hit me with a response’ Girls take quite some time, Not like you….’
Wuf! Next requisite…cleanly thrown out…
I should say, I spend lot of time in Archies or Odyssey, Becoz I just hunt for cards that suits the receiver exactly.
Sometimes it makes me think, a girl takes long time to choose her dress, but the time she takes to decide on her life partner, it just takes seconds… Highly contradictory.. Probably , I may not understand such things..they say it takes seconds to fall in love…
Soft handling:
Girls handle things softly. All arts which need patience are mastered by girls.. but na, I never sit and do something… I get bored.. painting, embroidery, stitching, rangoli, mehendi…nothing I knew…’Poo katta theriyama ena ponnu’…neighbourhood aunty…
Aiyo..Was it my mistake? I climb on our roof to pluck mangoes… I remove the web cobs in my home with the otadakutchi (ancient vacuum cleaner)…I drive long kilometers to get things for my home, I replace chokes in the tubelights, fix electric faults.. I was used to only such actions, which people say a boy is supposed to do….
And I remember a funny incident, a big grasshopper entered our hostel room, oh,there was a huge cry as if a panther had entered… I placed a chair on the cot, climbed up and slowly caught it and put it away through the window.
I was seen with an ugly look… ‘are you not afraid of it… we girls don’t like it ’
Err, wat does it mean?? Do they mean, becoz I caught it, I am not a girl..or? do they mean I like grasshoppers ??
This factor ….completely ruled out… I just can’t be always soft .
Making up:
Beauty and me..they are separate sets… they don’t interfere ..
I don’t want to get beautified artificially also...Never will I spend time with cosmetics. I just want to be neat and simple. The overall make up for me would be plaiting my hair and keeping a bindi on my forehead. Wuf, the struggle girls have, with dumb looks with all kinds of face masks( you are not supposed to talk if you wear a mask), the DOLLARS they spend for creams, lotions, the time they waste to just show off that they are looking good… All these create a sickness in me… I just don’t like to have the pain of making up..such a lazy spec I am… Another important activity a girl spends her time is painitng nails..I never understand the whole idea of painting nails.. Ah, the colours they choose sometimes, are very similar to the colour of the eyes of the snake lady in Pambu padams… The pain they choose to remove a colour, paint with a new one, give a second coating, wait for it to dry..just to make it matching to their dress that day, is really appreciable…
Afterall..this beauty fades away with time.. but my point is never sensible to anyone..they say that I am still pazhangaalam…
Toys:
Girls and teddy bears.. I was really shocked when one of my friends got a teddy for 3000 bucks, just to share a space in her bed. I get on nerves, when they exclaim ‘ oh..How Chweet!!’ My feeling would be , ‘ Soft toys are as tough as to manage wives, they get dirty, they occupy space , they are difficult to transport’.. Probably, my brain is too small to comprehend such funny things.. I was not brought up with Barbie dolls!!I was acquainted only with doll guns, cars etc when I was small..may be.. it was one of the reasons why I couldn’t accept teddies!
Soft mews (supposed to be conversations) :
Mobile Phone, A necessary evil… Girls talk nonstop…talk? I m sorry, The word would be mew..I doubt if the person on the other end will be really able to hear what she speaks… or will he/she would be answering based on assumptions… Bus travel to office- I often like to sit alone. Just to avoid unnecessary investigations… The whole travel would become a nuisance if only a girl comes and sits next to you. She takes the mobile , calls up X , talks (whispers really) something..I may hear the other person’s voice outside, but not her’s. I would give titles and awards to the person on the other end, yup, it’s great that X hears her in the midst of a beautiful song being played in top volume in the FM’s in buses.
Leave aside this, at least I could soothe myself thinking that her mobile has the capacity to convert soft mews to words!
But what about the subject of her talks? Oh ..how long would she speak? One day I was so curious to know what really they have on earth to speak so much, are they discussing about Kaveri issue or the terrorists attacks in Kashmir? Oh no, they talk about what chutney they can have for idly. Mm.. I just thought how I would speak, I hardly hear the other person’s voice , so I avoid talking while in buses. Even when I speak in a perfectly calm environment , my voice would never go below a certain frequency, even if it is Chidambaram secret.
Slippers:
High heels, thin strings , gaudy colors..the kind of shoes girls wear … I really wonder why to take so much pain to wear an equipment which is actually intended to prevent our feet from pain( thorns ,stones etc)..I just go for simple sandals, cut shoes whichever I feel comfortable with.. (though I have tough time to find slippers which fits me coz my feet is extremely large)..
But the norm is the more uncomfortable , the more better you are …
Hmm..There are so many other essentials which the world says a girl should possess … Analyzing everything…I could just confirm that nothing is within my reach. Better be me.. than a girl to the world.
P.S. Girls I am sorry, This post is not intended to offend the feminine community, but I couldn’t stop laughing when I find certain things out and out silly.
14 comments:
Sweet. Good to know that there are a few girls like this :)
Your FQ should be +5 because 'Girls complain about other girls' :P
mmm...I wish u never get a chance to visit any of the IT campuses in b'lore...most, not all, but most of the girls there are so damned girly girly with FQ 1222 that I had to remind myself too often that I was not in a fashion show or in a mid-day soap opera..Horrible!!!
But mind u, iMHO boys do expect a certain FQ in girls. or else he smells sthing fishy :DD
...boys do expect a certain FQ in girls...
This matters only to girls who want to create some impact on the guys. If the girl doesn't give a damn about the guys on the road, her coworkers, etc. being her own self with zero or negative FQ is more comfortable.
On a related note, I won't generalize so-called boys' expectation like this. Different people have different definition for "girly". And, one doesn't necessarily have to expect a "girly" girl. (There are exceptions to all the rules, including this one.)
@Manki
Good to know that there are a few girls like this :)
Thanx!! Gud to know that are a few
guys to appreciate such girls:):)
@ Venkat
Complain! No ! not exactly!! We criticize (see both +s n -s) of evrything!
@ Jagan n Manki
Guys do expect some FQ in girls, and that makes the girls crazy at times! If guys can accept girls how they r, then theres no need of showing up!!
N my point is not to complain abt my own sisterhood..But i just want to highlight that there should be a change in the perspective of the world!!
And when i cannot do somthing,I just 'Be the change u wanna see in the world(M.K.Gandhi)'
@ lady peare:
:)...if guys stop expecting girls to be "girly" - and i go with manki that whats "girly" is very subjective - then it upsets the whole game. I may be extrapolating a bit too much, but no "girliness" makes Jack a dull boy...wheres the thrill that he gets when comforting a scared ("girly") girlfriend? wheres that "Im her man" feeling?
This is just a wild imagination...but just imagine...a guy returns home after a tired days work...as he enters the street he hears his wife talking loudly on the phone with someone...(gulp!)...as he enters the house his wife is nowhere inside..so he follows the voice and ends up seeing her on first floor sunshade...playing with a tarantula on the near-by tree..(double gulp!!) after entreating her to climb down, he asks her for a cup of coffee...5 mins later..BANG!!!...a 1/4 cup of coffee thuds in front...courtesy his wife...poor chum! some life :D
I know this is too much...Just kidding...but i hope Ive made my point ;)
having said that..I do accept that sometimes this "girly girly' thing gets out of hand...poor chum is the one who is getting the stick again! poor jack, either way its end of the game ;)
"...wheres the thrill that he gets when comforting a scared ("girly") girlfriend? wheres that "Im her man" feeling?..."
(within myself: why do men always have to think that they are the saviors of their wives?)
@The Last Adam:
Your comment reminds me of the novel ஒரு நடிகை நாடகம் பார்க்கிறாள் written by Jeyakanthan. In that novel, Jeyakanthan says that it's hard for an "average man" to accept a woman who has a "self" -- who has a personality.
(Please don't be offended or take it personal. I am just saying what comes to my mind.)
@ manki:
Not at all buddy...this is turning out to be such a great discussion! :) nevertheless there's no right or wrong opinions here in such a subjective topic...just plain opinions.
Two things here..sometimes it pays to be average, sometimes going with the crowd in some issues, if it gives one peace of mind then why spoil it for the sake of being "extra-ordinary'...and secondly it's after all one's own life and each one lives it the way one chooses to...If a girl has a "personality" that makes her do unwomanly things (as I perceive the word) then it's better for both of us that we never start a realtionship.
Im not saying men need to be the saviours of their wives...never! Only to their girl friends ;)
"sometimes it pays to be average"
Absolutely. Feeling like an alien is not an enjoyable experience. There are instances when I broke down to tears because I couldn't tolerate the way people treated me just because I was a little different from the "average".
"it's after all one's own life and each one lives it the way one chooses to"
True. (Commandment Number One of any civilized society is this: Let People Be Different.)
"Im not saying men need to be the saviours of their wives...never! Only to their girl friends ;)"
LOL. I love this point :)
"this is turning out to be such a great discussion!"
Yup! I hope Lady Peare doesn't get mad on us for writing this much on her blog :)
"@ Venkat
Complain! No ! not exactly!! "
Yes,it was.You were just ridiculing FQ or whatever quotient that is.
Proof: P.S. Girls I am sorry, This post is not intended to offend the feminine community, but I couldn’t stop laughing when I find certain things out and out silly.
"Guys do expect some FQ in girls, and that makes the girls crazy at times! If guys can accept girls how they r, then theres no need of showing up!!"
So now you blame the guys for FQ? Nice twist!
"This is just a wild imagination....................
......poor chum! some life :D"
You fail. I bet you can come up with better stuff.
"Im not saying men need to be the saviours of their wives...never! Only to their girl friends ;)",
Holy shit! You're not supposed to let that out in public. :|
"There are instances when I broke down to tears because I couldn't tolerate the way people treated me just because I was a little different from the "average".
Remember,Every time you cry,your FQ increases.Anyway,Thanks for the laugh,manki.Seriously speaking,Why the hell would someone ill treat a guy who's different from an average guy?
By the way,Lady Peare,your FQ shot up by another 20 points. You have made people discuss something as silly as FQ.
@Venkat:
"Anyway,Thanks for the laugh,manki."
You're welcome!
"By the way,Lady Peare,your FQ shot up by another 20 points. You have made people discuss something as silly as FQ."
thats cheeeek...LOLzzzing a lot...:DDD
we 3 are hijacking this blog!
Post a Comment