
The word ‘music’ itself pays much to me!!! It has a lovely note and a rhythm in it!! I often Delve into my memories and re live my living moments!! Music came into me when I was three years old when I used to go to the nearby Krishna temple to listen to my grandpa’s bhajans...Though it was too small an age to understand and appreciate its merit…I could still remember the way i used to nod my head when they sung ,"Chinna china kananuku ena vendum ,singara vaai thirandhu solla vendum…" Perhaps without my knowledge, I was able to make out the divinity through his music, and was able to feel the presence of God. All those days when Krishna leela were all being presented visually in the mode of singing …I used to listen with lots of love and reverence for Lord Krishna….The song ‘Asainthadum mayilondru kandal..nam azhagan vandhanendru..’ had its effect on me in my later days too…Whenever I see a peacock in my college hostel grounds… I used to speak to them, make sounds exactly so that every peacock rises its head to find out the new addition to their pride (don xactly remember the collective noun for peacocks pride, muster or ostentation?). You see, nature is the best player of music.. and can evoke emotions with harmony and invoke intellectual aspects…
And days came, when I was formally trained in music. Music, when bakthi runs as the under current, is considered as a path to salvation.. I started my early days with slokas, bhajans..and then to music notes and lessons… Days were too busy for my dad n mom in preparing me with either thyagaraja’s keerthanas or bharathiyar’s songs for the interschool contests.. Those were real moments when I lived my life.
I started to listen to music all time…even in my study hours…I will play the best songs( I have a good collection in my home) in our two in one and then open my book.. dad was not too happy with this practice of mine..
‘’Tenth std da rajj..konjam seriousa padi ‘’ with these words , he will reduce the volume..but na.. my hands naturally reach the volume adjuster..i had a notion that as the mind is both the friend and the foe of a person and is also the cause of all the problems he faces, it has to be disciplined, which listening to music does. So my concentration will never go anywhere other than my books….
…. This habit became my routine…and today I cant live without songs…
Though the variety of choice changed now… or in other words, today I listen to whatever I am able to hear…( at home, believe me, I have never listened even to a single cine song) ..
And even today my dad n my bro, whenever they visit me.. come with a cassette of Unni (thaz de best gift any1 can give me) …and my fifteen year old sister makes fun of me, ‘nanum pathu varushama pakren , antha unnikrishnan cassette a pathale un facela 1000 watts theriyuthu’..
True,
I think when I was in my fifth class; I heard the song ennavale from the movie kadhalan in some reception.From then on..he became one of my favourite singers (one of my …nahi nahi…my best ) …
Now this is the portion of the post, that took me a long time to frame from 28th feb to….May…I searched words to express my emotions.Even I tried sitting in my terrace to catch hold of words that cross my in depth consciousness...but at last I found that it’s the most private experience which I find hard to put into exact words…
I heard from one of my frenz that there is going to be a katcheri of unni nearby my place…I felt like God… I had to make it at evening 7, on 27th feb…I started counting the days...Finally, my day dawned with too many confusions…Even if I start from office by the first bus, I will not be able to reach the place before 7.30....and to my bad luck, I had to deliver some important results that day. My clock showed six…and I was gasping for breath.. I could start only by 7… My heart beat rapidly…my eyes filled with tears. My fingers typed sentimental messages. I felt if only I had some vehicle which can fly up without the signals.. Minutes seemed hours… I lost patience..walked up to the driver , asked when he would reach, I really do not know why I did that, because I too know no one knows about Chennai traffic…I was dropped in my place at 8… from there, it would take five min walk ..i called an auto, the driver was just asking repeated questions about the place. I thought, why the hell are you wasting my precious time.. I started walking myself (walking..no..guez I would have beaten even the Olympic records that day) …All this anxiousness is because I m going to behold him for the first time …years long love… today time z going to give the mellifluous voice a form !!
The moment I took a look on him…Wow !! that moment ..precious ever in my life ..i occupied my seat. The tears that well up in our eyes involuntarily, when we hear an aptly stated musical tone…is precious too..
A voice which uniquely evokes a sense of fulfillment in the listener, balancing the intellectual exposition … and one can feel the joy only when
the listener is attuned to the spirit of the singer..I could feel that I very well match his spirits…because I was taken along by the beautiful rendering of Kambodhi ..to his world..
My friend kidded me that ahe wants to see me on the stage some years later… I don’t really know wherefrom I got the instant reply… Hey..i need not be a singer.. I will be grateful if I get a chance to play my violin by his side… mm
My clock showed nine fifty… I realized the world around… only if I start now, I can reach my home atleast by ten thirty.. My friend too left me alone there.. ( friends need not have the necessity to match our frequencies right?? I couldn’t force him to stay back ) !! But when it comes to partners,
Definitely….frequency should match in all ways..I noticed a couple there ..the young lady was listening to the song with all reverence..but the man was sitting like a stone.. I don’t exactly know the reason…probably he was like my friend who doesn’t actually like carnatic music…But I felt at that moment…God ..how cautious I should when choosing my partner!!
The concert was not over… But I had to start , it was already too late..
I started with the voice still lingering in my ears …
I just thought if only I had no music in my life..how I would be .. it seemed dark.!!
Yesterday, I watched the film mozhi !! A film which every human soul should watch…after a long time...i had the satisfaction of seeing a good film…music is not just about hearing.. it’s the language of the soul , of the heart… one should feel its presence even in its absence.. Precisely…Even silence is music!! I often enjoy music in silence..i myself wonder….at times there would be no music…nothing, but my fingers will be making thalas…and my head will be nodding to some tune…
Nature’s music… heart’s music... music’s language ….language’s music…Life’s music… Music is life!!
God!! I see you in music!! i feel you when i play my violin!! I love you as you are music in every life!!
And days came, when I was formally trained in music. Music, when bakthi runs as the under current, is considered as a path to salvation.. I started my early days with slokas, bhajans..and then to music notes and lessons… Days were too busy for my dad n mom in preparing me with either thyagaraja’s keerthanas or bharathiyar’s songs for the interschool contests.. Those were real moments when I lived my life.
I started to listen to music all time…even in my study hours…I will play the best songs( I have a good collection in my home) in our two in one and then open my book.. dad was not too happy with this practice of mine..
‘’Tenth std da rajj..konjam seriousa padi ‘’ with these words , he will reduce the volume..but na.. my hands naturally reach the volume adjuster..i had a notion that as the mind is both the friend and the foe of a person and is also the cause of all the problems he faces, it has to be disciplined, which listening to music does. So my concentration will never go anywhere other than my books….
…. This habit became my routine…and today I cant live without songs…
Though the variety of choice changed now… or in other words, today I listen to whatever I am able to hear…( at home, believe me, I have never listened even to a single cine song) ..
And even today my dad n my bro, whenever they visit me.. come with a cassette of Unni (thaz de best gift any1 can give me) …and my fifteen year old sister makes fun of me, ‘nanum pathu varushama pakren , antha unnikrishnan cassette a pathale un facela 1000 watts theriyuthu’..
True,
I think when I was in my fifth class; I heard the song ennavale from the movie kadhalan in some reception.From then on..he became one of my favourite singers (one of my …nahi nahi…my best ) …
Now this is the portion of the post, that took me a long time to frame from 28th feb to….May…I searched words to express my emotions.Even I tried sitting in my terrace to catch hold of words that cross my in depth consciousness...but at last I found that it’s the most private experience which I find hard to put into exact words…
I heard from one of my frenz that there is going to be a katcheri of unni nearby my place…I felt like God… I had to make it at evening 7, on 27th feb…I started counting the days...Finally, my day dawned with too many confusions…Even if I start from office by the first bus, I will not be able to reach the place before 7.30....and to my bad luck, I had to deliver some important results that day. My clock showed six…and I was gasping for breath.. I could start only by 7… My heart beat rapidly…my eyes filled with tears. My fingers typed sentimental messages. I felt if only I had some vehicle which can fly up without the signals.. Minutes seemed hours… I lost patience..walked up to the driver , asked when he would reach, I really do not know why I did that, because I too know no one knows about Chennai traffic…I was dropped in my place at 8… from there, it would take five min walk ..i called an auto, the driver was just asking repeated questions about the place. I thought, why the hell are you wasting my precious time.. I started walking myself (walking..no..guez I would have beaten even the Olympic records that day) …All this anxiousness is because I m going to behold him for the first time …years long love… today time z going to give the mellifluous voice a form !!
The moment I took a look on him…Wow !! that moment ..precious ever in my life ..i occupied my seat. The tears that well up in our eyes involuntarily, when we hear an aptly stated musical tone…is precious too..
A voice which uniquely evokes a sense of fulfillment in the listener, balancing the intellectual exposition … and one can feel the joy only when
the listener is attuned to the spirit of the singer..I could feel that I very well match his spirits…because I was taken along by the beautiful rendering of Kambodhi ..to his world..
My friend kidded me that ahe wants to see me on the stage some years later… I don’t really know wherefrom I got the instant reply… Hey..i need not be a singer.. I will be grateful if I get a chance to play my violin by his side… mm
My clock showed nine fifty… I realized the world around… only if I start now, I can reach my home atleast by ten thirty.. My friend too left me alone there.. ( friends need not have the necessity to match our frequencies right?? I couldn’t force him to stay back ) !! But when it comes to partners,
Definitely….frequency should match in all ways..I noticed a couple there ..the young lady was listening to the song with all reverence..but the man was sitting like a stone.. I don’t exactly know the reason…probably he was like my friend who doesn’t actually like carnatic music…But I felt at that moment…God ..how cautious I should when choosing my partner!!
The concert was not over… But I had to start , it was already too late..
I started with the voice still lingering in my ears …
I just thought if only I had no music in my life..how I would be .. it seemed dark.!!
Yesterday, I watched the film mozhi !! A film which every human soul should watch…after a long time...i had the satisfaction of seeing a good film…music is not just about hearing.. it’s the language of the soul , of the heart… one should feel its presence even in its absence.. Precisely…Even silence is music!! I often enjoy music in silence..i myself wonder….at times there would be no music…nothing, but my fingers will be making thalas…and my head will be nodding to some tune…
Nature’s music… heart’s music... music’s language ….language’s music…Life’s music… Music is life!!
God!! I see you in music!! i feel you when i play my violin!! I love you as you are music in every life!!
2 comments:
Hey,
A very good post on music with your emotions pouring out. I can understand how one will feel to leave the concert in the middle. Wish you to continue seeing God through music.
Sriv
@ Sriv
Thanks Sri!! Music evokes ur emotions without ourselves knowing!! It is the power of music & its divinity :)
Lady peare
Post a Comment