May 05, 2014

Rain - You are so nice!

This morning, I peered outside my window to see the world with thin sheets of water.

Water on the leaves, water on the rim of the buildings , water on the roads, water on the mud..

I do not LOVE rain as they show in the films, for it is messy  & I have to search for an umbrella . Still , I like rain because I need water.. the plants look fresh & green and also the rain carries its own long term benefits.

And needless to say, after spending months together in the hot sun, a rain is essential and brings back life.

The sun will rise and in the scorching heat, the water will evaporate, however it is a special occasion, that morning when you wake up and see a different world from what you had expected and gives you a sense of purpose and freshness.

Okay, today’s rain put me into thoughts. Most priceless things in life are available for free. Only that , we do not care to have them/ miss them.

I stand in the water, the foam of the wave laps gently on my feet . I dug my feet into the sand, letting the waters wash my feet over and over again. I saw a white shell , floating across the waters. I stand there and watch the clouds on the horizon. I stand there unwilling to move, I had thought of the shell, and the sea wished to fulfill a random wish that crossed my mind. The next wave brought it on my feet. I bent and picked it up.

The apartment I live in is West Facing , I sit in my living room and was treated to the most gorgeous sky that I have seen for a while. Myriad shades of pink, orange and blue blending together. As the colors glowed, I look bright in the mirror, as they fall on my face.


Of all that I know of ,the best sight is the shimmering glow of the moonlight in the dark blue sky and the simple darkness that allows the stars to shine and blaze in all their brilliance , undimmed by the light of thousand streetlights sprung out of urbanization.  The velvety darkness with the studded stars is simply a magic.

 
There are times, when I used to spend my time endlessly in enjoying these precious moments – just sit in the balcony and watch.. till a few years before. Such moments bring out the glowing sparks of creativity with harmoniously connected images and smooth and soothing associations with the past.


Wish I could get that carefree life once again , sooner.

No comments: