Off late, I prefer watching malayalam movies than tamil movies.Reasons:
1. Learning a new language other than my mother tongue.
2. Very good classical & semi-classical songs throughout the movies.
3. No masala sequence of fights, romance, separate comedy track etc.
4. Slow moving and artistic rendering of the story.
I get a feel of reading a very good novel.
No..Dont mistake! I am not against the Kollywood cinema... but my film interests match the Mallu cinemas than the Tamil.
I have watched quite a good number of malabar movies after getting my own laptop.Having started watching Malayalam cinema for Prithvi's movies (;)), I have ended up seeing Lal's movies ....His Highness Abdullah(I have already spoken a lot about it! ) is the first movie of Lal that I happened to see.
Following it, are a chain of movies that made me stick to Lalettan - Bharatham, Chithram, Kilukkam,Devasuram, Aaram Thamburan,Vadakumnathan,Thalavattom,varavelppu,No 20 Madras mail,minnaram and many more ..Some of them were suggested by my friends, some of them were chosen by me at random.
Every movie I watched gave me the pleasure of reading a good book. Lal's acting was so realistic in all the movies ...each role played being different and very much suitable to him..Infact bringing out his versatality in acting. His natural style brings in the character a reality and the movie, an emotional touch.
A legend , I should say ! Before arriving to this conclusion, i just had to double check , if i had been too partial towards Lal or just that i have watched only his movies in malayalam, I couldnt have had a chance to appreciate other actors of his time..?? But then, to make things clear, i did watch a few films done by Mamooty, Prithviraj, Dileep ..etc....
Yes, Hez a Legend ! An unmatched versatality has he !
Not sure ,if Tamil industry would be able to render such beautiful classics ...( Again...i m sorry for saying this,but it is the bitter truth) !
I dont blame the industry , but the audience is quite conservative about having the good old formula that comprises the Tamil movie.. So may be, such movies may not be welcomed by the fast track audience...Wuf, i got on nerves,seeing some tamil new entries, i doubt if they are tamil films..occasionally they speak in tamizh,a total crap of mixing English & Tamil ..the dialogues standing aloof from the characters and the story ! I am not against speaking in English as well, but the originality of the language is lost when we do such lingual chemical experiments .... !! Even If we can direct films which portrays sequences only in english, Can we ever match the Hollywood industry..??
I think i am going somewhere else, back to the topic :) 'LAL' !!
Yeah... i am becoming a fan of the 'real artist' in him ... Yes, i do like Sivaji Ganesan, Rajini, Kamal Hasan, Sharukh, Aamir, each one being unique in their own way ... And one more added to my list now, Mohanlal ..
To say the truth, I dont hesitate even to play some of his scenes and songs repeatedly , to that extent that i am questioned by my roommates if i have any plans settling in Kerela..
hmm...Noone understands the sheer pleasure of a new language and mastering it, unless they have such interests !! Man, I love learning new languages, if not mastering , i wish i am in constant touch with them... I live with languages, you know how divine it is when you do !
And Thanks to Lal, my affinity towards the language is growing....
May i have the pleasure of quoting a dialogue of his ,
"onu arinjaa kollam, savithriku ennu ene ishtam ayadhu? "
Ente theivame, aa scenil ethre feeling undunu ningal aarukum ariyo,athuvum specific ayitu vinu choyikumpol.... I was blown off simply !
Ok, Let me answer the question,
"sathyam, eniki ariyilla... pakshe, oru paadu mokam thonitu undonnu vicharikkinnu... Am i becoming a fan of Lal ???"
May be, this would have been a better post if it had originated from a native speaker of that language ! But then,I jzt cant resist writing!
( Devasabhathalam song plays in the background)
Previous post:
http://ladypearepages.blogspot.com/2008/10/his-highness-abdullah-short-recap.html
1 comment:
Good progress.! Seems Gautham Menon is being accused here in particular for Varanam Ayiram:)
Off late i heard the story of malayalam movie -Notebook and I am yearning to see it. Tried POO in tamil?
Post a Comment