May 05, 2008

Wings of hope

‘I m sorry’ , she tried to wipe her eyes, but the tears would keep coming.So before she waited for the response ,she walked away down the street.
It was the best she could do, and she was happy that she did it…She took a quick breath and walked fast. Her cheeks still had those silver gems resting as an ornament proud enough to be seated there..She saw him on the way as if she was destined to share her happiness with him..She told him what had happened.
‘Was that stupid? ‘ ,
‘Not stupid kid, Brave , you have courage…And that will help you go thro’ everything..I am happy that I know you’
‘Is that all? :)’ , she giggled ‘ That’s just about all it is.. A gesture or an emotion? I do not know ,But I could not see those birds which are created to fly in the air , get caged, just to keep a residence decorated …’
‘Mm, But would anyone there would have expected you to do that ?
‘Not at all..the lady was explaining with earnest efforts , how to feed them & how nice they will behave when guests are in …..’
‘Oh..touchy touchy …then??
‘I wanted to make her guilty of clipping the wings of the poor bird..but I knew it was useless. The lady knew no harm when people around are there to buy. So I said none of it, instead asked for the price..she took a bird from the cage. As she was taking, I could hear her voice say something, but couldn’t decipher what she was saying, I could hear only my heartbeats saying,’ I have to get it out , Its an act of faith, faith on its freedom to live …..It was important to me…’ I took the bird with a shaky breath in my hands, gave one sweet look at it implying, ‘You have taught me to be courageous enough to do what I want…thank u, the freedom is yours .Live it’ It didn’t take long for the bird to perceive my thoughts..It was more intelligent than I thought, gave me a soft look implying a ‘thank you’

I released the bird from my hold and it flied happily .The lady stared at me, gave her the money , and couldn’t stand there for long to hear her speak.. So said a sorry and came back…Goodness, I feel I did one good deed …which could make me feel happy at heart ….'

‘Mm.,It’s the beginning..I look on the bright side…Whatever , I couldn’t imagine doing it..I may think, and I will leave it there’
‘You can’t leave it there, if u imagine a little more’
‘What do u mean?’
‘Place u in the cage, Imagine u to be inside…you will ACT’
‘Hmm…where is it coming from?’
‘Never you mind that..I am destined to be like this , as much as the bird is destined to fly …
‘ Well, Yes’

She was at peace…. Seeing her wings of hope flying high :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Lady Peare said...

@Alyson
Thanx for visiting:)! Info? What kind of?