July 10, 2006

Sri-Flying to Singapore!!!

Singapore awaits the arrival of Sri !! In two days time he will be flying there ..I had to bid farewell to him last sunday...Thought i could give him a song...At times..when emotions rule you..you feel you lost your language...find really hard to verbalize what u feel..Emptiness fills your thoughts...that moment...hmm..

Sri is one of my best buddies with whom i share my world...A great friend of mine...Really an interesting personality...Noone knows his pleasant character unless one gets close to him..superficially, he seems strict..rigid..and i think many fail to recognise the friendly self in him...But the underlying truth is once u get to know this guy, he will do anything to take u to the right place u deserve!!! His words will be full of zeal and its but natural, that I will get energised and will be back to my jolly self in a minute's time, even when i m confused and seems lost somewhere..... The warmth and affection, his words afford, his attitude towards success,friendship,his sense of humour.....all these make me wonder how nice it will be if everyone has a friend like Sri..

And now...He leaves India, to do his Phd in Nanotech at Nanyang Tech University (NTU), Singapore.....Really, i m one among those who will miss him greatly...
He really deserves great heights....All the best my friend.....
Hope internet and other facilities will keep us in touch for years!!

hmm..I had no song to give him...So Quoted a few lines of Charles Kingsley.....


My fairest child(friend), I have no song to give you;
No lark could pipe in skies so dull and gray;
Yet, if you will, one quiet hint I'll leave you,
For every day.

Be good, sweet maid, and let who can be clever;
Do lovely things, not dream them, all day long;
And so make Life, and Death, and that For Ever,
One grand sweet song.


Charles Kingsley.....


Take care Sri..With all my love and wishes!!!

2 comments:

The last adam said...

very true lady! Sri is such a wonderful guy...all soft and strong!

I too wish him all the very best in life. Did you know that we were school mates in a very peculiar way?
When he left RSK I came in to fill his place. In the same section, even in the same place where he used to sit.
I had to imagine him all the time for I never met him until ac tech.

But the 4 years I spent with him were so sweet....We'll all miss him very badly.

continue the good work lady! God bless.

Manki said...

I love those words of Charles Kingsley, especially these lines:

Be good, sweet maid, and let who can be clever;
Do lovely things, not dream them, all day long

I can imagine how much you respect and love your friend to dedicate such a poem. Great!!